STEP 1: (DELETE THE VOICE / TEXT FILES)
1. Remove your Mermory Card (if any) from your Garmin Unit.
2. Connect your Garmin Unit to the computer using the USB Cable.
5. Then Switch OFF the Garmin Unit.
STEP 2: Flash the Garmin Unit to SG/MY Firmware
1. Download v2.30 firmware.
2. Unzip the downloaded file.
3. Left Click and hold (Don’t let go) on this 093001000230.rgn, drag and drop to Updater.exe
6. The updater.exe will detect the USB Device with your model software and Unit ID. (Continue to hold the power button)
8. Release the Power Button AFTER you see the LOADER appear on the Garmin Unit.
9. Let it process the software loading (Do Not Disconnect your Garmin unit from your computer) till it complete.
10. Once the update complete, disconnect the Garmin unit from the computer. Let the Garmin unit boot till is ready to use.
11. You have successful flashing the Garmin unit to the local version.
STEP 3: Get your Garmin Unit updated to the latest firmware, text and Voice
1. Download the v2.60 firmware from http://download.garmin.com/sg/download/SG_SW_UPGRADE/nuvi255W_SG_v260.exe
2. Follow the instructions. The update will install the latest TEXT, VOICE and firmware onto your Nuvi.
3. Download the local voice / text files and put the files into the respective directories.
STEP 4: Next, Loading Maps with JCV(Junction View) On Garmin Unit
1. Check out your Unit ID Number of the Garmin unit. Go to Tools>Setting>System>About
2. Visit http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/sg/home/CommunityMapUnlock to get your unlock code base on your Unit ID. (Copy the code down somewhere)
3. Download the maps from
4. When asked for the unlock key, key in the code generated earlier.
5. The maps will be transferred automatically to your device.
Now you got your Garmin Unit with the map and junction view up!